These are a few of the most asked questions we receive at our office.  We hope you can find a quick answer here.  But if not, please give us a call.

What are your hours of operation?

Milcrofton Utility District is open from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.  Our drive up window is open during these hours as well.  For after hours service, please contact (615) 794-5947 and our on call technician will take your call.

How do I sign up for service?

The easiest way to sign up for new service is by downloading our application form. Complete the application, copy of valid Driver’s License and mail, bring it to our office with a fee of $100.00 (Non-refundable application fee. Cash, Check, or Credit Card/3% Fee).  The application is found HERE.  Our Mailing Address is HERE. You may also email it to

How much is my bill?

Each month we mail out your bill which contains information about usage and charges. Bills are always due by 04:00P on the 1st of each month without incurring a late charge. If payment is not received in our office by the 10th of the month, water service will be disconnected.

My pressure is too high or too low at my home or business.  What should I do?

If your home or business has a pressure regulator, this is often an indication that the pressure regulator in your home/business needs adjustment or is malfunctioning.  Milcrofton is not responsible for water pressure past the water meter.  A licensed plumber is able to assist with pressure inside the home or business.  Milcrofton will send a technician to your location to check the line outside the premises. Please contact us if this is the case.

How do I get rid of noise in the pipes in my house?

Please contact Milcrofton via email or phone to have one of our technicians visit your location to adjust the check valve at the water meter for your home or business.

How do I sign up for paying my bill using bank draft?

Please download and complete the bank draft application HERE.  When complete, either mail it, email to or fax it to Milcrofton with a copy of your voided check.

Can I pay my bill online?

Yes, look for a link on the ONLINE BILL PAY LINK

How do I change my billing address or phone?

Please contact us directly or enter the address or phone number change on the back of your payment stub.

My water looks/smells funny.  What do I do?

Please contact us immediately if your water does not look normal.

Why is someone from Milcrofton testing my water system outside my home or business?

Backflow on irrigation systems is tested once a year.  Backflow prevention is necessary to keep contaminants from entering the water system through your irrigation system.

I need to dig on my property.  Do I need to let anyone know?

In the state of Tennessee, State Law requires anyone about to engage in either digging, excavation, moving of earth, demolition or any type of activity that disturbs the earth and therefore possibly involving a danger to damaging underground utility lines, to notify Tennessee One Call, of their intent to dig.  Tennessee One Call will then notify the member utilities of your proposed work. The utility company locator will then have 72 hours, excluding holidays and weekends, to locate those underground facilities. The locate permit

For more information about the State Law or to contact Tennessee One Call, visit or call 800-351-1111.

Facts about remote reading meters via radio communication: Kamstrup AMI meter facts

Facts about READy Collectors and radio communication: Kamstrup collector facts

Do you have a question that you think should be listed here? Please let us know.